COMING TOGETHER THROUGH OUR MINISTRIES AND GROUPS
The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone. We were created for connection – with God and with one another. Yet each of us must take our own path, one where God is leading us to grow deeper in faith and become more like Him each day. At Community Church, we are growing to be more like Christ by knowing, loving, and serving God and others.
Worship is just the beginning!
For many, a worship service is the first step on this journey of faith. Maybe you’ve been attending here for two weeks, maybe ten years. Maybe you’ve already tried a few things; maybe you’ve just come each week and worshipped quietly.
We know one of the best ways to nurture your growing relationship with Jesus Christ is to belong to a small group of Christian friends who encourage, challenge and support you as you discern and live out your life mission. We’ll help you find a group best suited for you based on where you live, your interests, or your life situation. We have a varietyof groups—we’re positive there’s one group that will be a great place for you to belong, grow and serve.
Make a Difference - Become a part of something bigger than yourself. Use your gifts and experience to serve others. Develop friendships along the way while serving in our local community, the world abroad, or within the walls of Community Church.
Community is where we connect and explore the faith with others who are also on the journey. It’s the place where we begin to examine Christianity, study the Bible and discover how we can know, love and serve God each day of our lives.
Our Groups and Ministries!
(Please click on the underlined words below to get more information on any ministry of interest to you The Ministries are in alphabetical order.)
- Community Connexion - Publishing our church’s quarterly newsletter.
- Congregational Care Team - Extending the pastoral care of our church by serving communion to shut-ins,visiting the sick, helping with transportation.
- Disciple Bible Study - Beginning Thursday, October 4, 2012 Community Church at Ocean Pines will offer a 34 week Disciple I Bible Study. This is an in-depth study which will cover about 70 percent of the Bible. If you are interested of have questions, contact Lou Magsamen (410) 641- 5433.
- Green Team- The mission of the "Green Team" is to make the community more aware of the environment and to recycle various materials through Worcester County
- Hospitality Team - Providing light refreshment to seven course meals for church functions ranging from baptism to memorial services.
- Library - The Fred Bruner Memorial Library.
Our Library is named after the first Pastor of Community Church. Our Library contains hundreds of christian resources to help you know, love and serve the Lord. Stop in … the door is always open!
- Life After Loss - Supporting those who desire to share their grief journey with others who are also grieving.
- MOPS - A place to find friendship, community, resources and support for you as a woman and mother so you're not alone. Moms have found community through MOPS for almost 40 years - we're your mothering authority.
- Multimedia Ministry - This is the group that works behind the scenes to make our worship Services go right. They operate the audio board, take videos, do the PowerPoint presentations, operate the projectors and computers plus other stuff. Check us out!
- Music Ministry- Love to sing? Do you play an instrument? Just love music? Check out our Music ministry page and see what our Chancel Choir, Bell Choir, Youth Choir and Psalm 66 are doing to praise God.
- Nuture Ministry - From Birth to young adults, they are Tomorrow's Promise!
- Stephen Ministry - Stephen Ministers provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care and support to people experiencing grief, divorce, cancer, job loss, loneliness, disability, relocation, and other life difficulties. People who are hurting no longer suffer alone. A caring Christian friend comes alongside them to provide emotional and spiritual care for as long as the need persists.
- Stonecroft Bible Studies -
- United Methodist Women - The Women of the Church meet the third Tuesday of the month , they also have an evening group called the "Candlelight Circle" and a craft group "Dorcas".
- Witness Ministry - Inviting, welcoming and orienting prospective members to Community Church.
- Worship - Organizing ushers, greeters, communion servers, liturgists, and readers for the Traditional worship service.